Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sports Viewing Abroad



Despite the sub-par year Mizzou football has had, they play Kansas today at Arrowhead, and a beatdown of the Jayhawks is always a joy to watch, no matter where you are watching.

I was worried how living in Germany, with a seven-hour time difference, would adversely affect my sports viewing experience. It hasn't really. Yeah, I had to stay up 'til 4-5am to watch the Cardinals' epic postseason run, but it was well worth it. These upcoming months are really going to test my loyalty though, especially with my teams playing so well. Mizzou basketball, SLU basketball, and Blues hockey are all keeping me up 'til 4am, but like they say, you can sleep when you are dead. Actually, if death is anything like sleeping, where do I sign up?

Anyway, here's to a Mizzou blowout today in KC, Mizzou basketball making a Final Four run, the Blues winning a playoff series, and SLU making their first NCAA tournament appearance since 2000. It is a good time to be a St Louis sports fan, even in Germany.

MIZ

No comments:

Post a Comment